In line with government recommendations The Breathing Space® team will be following guidelines and applying our usual common sense approach to hygiene.
We are keeping a cool head, being vigilant and relying on evidence based information to reduce potential spread.
Our commitment to your wellbeing.
Each instructor is ensuing their clients are washing their hands on arrival and departure.
- We have replaced our lovely towels with disposable paper ones for now.
- We have made some effective alcohol & essential oil mat spray and are asking each client to clean their mat down after class.
- We are diffusing a special blend of essential oils to cleanse the air
- We are strictly sticking to our policy of “no coughs or colds in class”
- We have removed eye bags from the studio & will not give hands on correction at this time.
- The entire team of coaches are pulling together & taking the time to wipe door handles etc
- We have provided antibacterial wipes for your use on equipment.
How can you support your wellbing?
- As ever, please do not come to class if you have any illness. Nobody likes to be ill, especially now.
- Please do not come to any session if you have been to one of the high risk, or moderate risk areas, follow the guidelines and self isolate at home.
- Respect our policy and wash your hands immediately on arrival & departure.
- Remember that for most people, contracting the virus will be similar to the flu, and that contracting it will help develop immunity. Latest thoughts are that Coronaviris is likely to become an annual infection, just like flu.
- Educate yourself to be able to recognise the symptoms by reading the Government guidelines & follow advice.
‘The incubation period of COVID-19 is between 2 to 14 days. This means that if a person remains well 14 days after contact with someone with confirmed coronavirus, they have not been infected’
According to the WHO, most people that get ill will experience mild symptoms that will be manageable at home, much like the flu would be.
If you are worried about symptoms, please call NHS 111 for support or 999 in the case of an emergency. The advice is NOT go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
What if you are in the high risk group?
The following people are considered to be higher risk;
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Lung disease
If you are in the high risk group the advise is to follow the same principles as everyone else and considering reducing social distancing. More info is available on the links below.
For evidence based up to date info please see;
We will continue to monitor the updates via these authorities, and follow guidelines from our professional bodies.
In the meantime let’s put it into perspective based on information form The World Health Organisation.
- 80% of cases are mild
- 0.4% cases effect people 40-49, & only 1.3% effect people 50-59
- 56.6% of people effected have already recovered, 40% are still recovering. Sadly 3.5% have died BUTalmost all of those were in the high risk group.
Fear suppresses the Immune System, so consider switching off to social media hype and make your choices using evidence based information.
Things we can all do to support our immune systems.
- Walk in nature
- Breathe – in for 4, out 6
- Keep a cool head and apply common sense
- Consider your Vit C & Zinc intake
- Eat a rainbow,including lots of leafy greens.
- Take moderate daily exercise
- Wash our hands well for 20’s
- Elbow bump not hug, shake hands or kiss ‘hello
- Enjoy shots of fresh ginger & lemon juice
- Watch this video
#teamtbs is passionate about supporting welling and will remain vigilant and keep perspective.
Always seek professional medical advise if you have any concerns.
The Breathing Space® in Brewery Square, Dorchester was founded by Sammie Mcfarland, award winning Pilates & Women’s Wellness Coach as a friendly, accessible and welcoming space for independent coaches to provide holistic services that support wellbeing in the community.